Laura Purnell earned her doctorate in Urban Education, focusing on learning and development across the lifespan. She received her Advanced Heart-Centered Hypnotherapy Certification from The Wellness Institute. She participates in on-going professional development and supports hypnotherapy training at the Cleveland Clinic’s Center for Integrative Medicine. Purnell has served as an Academic Superintendent, Turn- Around School Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent, and principal. She and her turn around principal teams studied at the prestigious Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia. Purnell was Co-Founder of Citizens’ Academy, a nationally recognized community school in Cleveland, Ohio. Laura is also associated with Dr. Stephen Peters and Ed Docs. Her work with The Peters’ Group centers on Cultural Diversity and Cultural Competence. She has presented locally and nationally on this topic for more than 25 years.
Laura is a lively, intelligent presenter who brings her sense of humor, purpose and vulnerability to each session. Her presentations are consistently rated by participants as focused, relevant, and transformational.
Why work with Laura? Perhaps you want to:
- Expand your personal and team capacities and stretch beyond limitations to meet goals
- Respond to diversity with competence and courage
- Quickly transition from emotional to strategic responses
- Be fully present at work and with others
- Bring your innate need to express love and caring to your work
- Use a variety of strategies to maintain balance and well-being
- Develop your physical health, mental acuity, and strengthen relationships
- Help make the world a better place